About the Firm
Experienced North and South Carolina Estate Planning Attorneys Dedicated to Serving Your Needs
Professional guidance for wills & trusts, probate and estate administration, and probate and trust litigation
To ensure your assets are properly distributed and your final wishes are carried out when you pass away, it is important to have a comprehensive estate plan in place. Without such a plan, these issues are often resolved by the courts — not necessarily in keeping with your wishes or your loved ones’ best interests. Watts Law Group PLLC helps clients throughout the Carolinas successfully accomplish their estate planning goals. From our North Carolina offices in Shallotte and Leland, and our South Carolina office in Myrtle Beach, we assist clients in person, and through voice calls and video conferencing using various web tools. We put our extensive experience to work to develop innovative and practical solutions that effectively address your needs, whether they involve drafting wills and trusts, establishing guardianships and conservatorships, or representing you in litigation. Regardless of the size and complexity of your estate, we work closely with you to develop a plan that preserves your assets for your loved ones.
Compassionate representation from attorneys you can trust
Successful estate planning requires a thorough understanding of a client’s personal goals. There are several reasons that people in North Carolina and South Carolina work with us to develop their estate plans. These include our:
- Reputation — With more than four decades of combined legal experience, our attorneys have been recognized in the community not only for our experience and ethical conduct but also for our strong track record of delivering successful results for our clients in a range of estate planning matters.
- Responsiveness — We provide clear and prompt answers to all your questions and concerns. We also provide evening appointments to accommodate your busy schedule.
- Trustworthiness — We know that each estate plan is unique and highly personal, so we work hard to earn the trust of each client we serve by holding ourselves to the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
At Watts Law Group PLLC, PLLC we assist with a full range of estate planning tools so you can rest easy knowing your family is fully prepared for whatever the future may hold.
Areas of Practice
Comprehensive estate planning guidance for individuals and families
At Watts Law Group PLLC, we provide skilled legal representation in several related practice areas:
- Estate planning — We help you develop a thorough estate plan that makes use of the available instruments best suited to your situation and goals. We aim to put you at ease so that we can help to effectively manage and protect your hard-earned assets.
- Wills & trusts — Wills are the most basic estate planning instrument, and their importance can’t be overestimated: they give you the chance to determine who receives your assets upon your death. Trusts are more complex instruments that can be used to accomplish a wide range of estate planning goals, including avoiding the probate process.
- Advance directives — Living wills and healthcare powers of attorney are important documents that specify your decisions regarding medical treatment and name a trusted person to act on your behalf should you become incapacitated. We can help with these and other advance directives.
- Probate and estate administration — If you’ve been named the executor of an estate or appointed the administrator of an estate in the absence of a will, our probate and estate administration attorneys can guide you through the probate process to ensure the final wishes of the decedent are followed. We currently represent clients in North Carolina, Brunswick, Columbus, Bladen, Robeson, and New Hanover. We also represent clients in Horry County, South Carolina.
- Probate and trust litigation — Even the most carefully planned estates can be challenged. We represent clients in disputes involving wills, trusts, guardianships, and other legal matters related to probate and trust litigation.
In addition to assisting with these services, our attorneys also handle family wealth transfers and help with estate, gift, and income tax planning to maximize the value of your estate for your beneficiaries.
Contact experienced estate planning lawyers serving North and South Carolina
If you need any type of assistance with estate planning, Watts Law Group PLLC has the knowledge, skill and compassion to provide the personalized guidance you deserve. To schedule an initial consultation, call 910-579-6508 or contact us online
. We have offices in Shallotte and Leland, Brunswick County, North Carolina, and Horry County, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. All of our attorneys are licensed to practice in North Carolina, and S. Denise Watts is licensed to practice in South Carolina as well.